Tuesday, November 25, 2008

The Twenty Project Begins

Well, I've torn down the twenty to the bare frame. Only the fixed side bottom bracket cup remains. Now the hard part. PARTS! Everything on this bike weighs a ton. Plus most parts are goofy sizes or have obsolete threading.

Frame mods planned...
Pump pegs removed
Kick stand removed and replaced with lighter unit
Bottom bracket faced to 73mm or 68mm and rethreaded to 24 tpi
New fork (if I can find one)
Canti bosses brazed on stock fork (if I can't find one)

New parts...
Aluminum rims
Seatpost
Sturmey Archer S3X hub (when it becomes available)
Headset (Probably will be used as a new fork is a long shot)
Stem riser
Stem
Handle bars
Breaks
Crankset (If I can find a shop brave enough to tackle my bottom bracket mods)

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

You should come clean my house, you have too much time on your hands...