Tuesday, May 27, 2008

Update of the week


Bike 223

Truck 56  It's getting lonely

I managed to only have to drive the truck once this week.  I had to pick up a dresser for my daughter.  I thought about trying to load it on the xtracycle but figured that it may be a bad idea.  
Monday I got hit by a truck.  I think it was intentional.  The passenger seemed quite amused by me flying over a curb and crashing into a fence.  I lucked out though.  No injury or damage to the bike.  So if anyone sees a couple of rednecks riding around Dayton in a piece of shit late 70's ford F series kill them for me.

Saturday I picked Autumn up at her grandpa's, she spent the night.  So I loaded her, and all her sleep over stuff onto the xtracycle and pushed off towards the house.  It was quite amazing how well it handles loaded.  The frame felt a little noodly, but it was stable.  I definitely need to look into some stronger brakes though.  The rim brakes just aren't going to cut it.  Autumn really enjoyed the ten mile trip, much more than I did.  Dragging an extra 60lbs uphill for 10 miles is less than pleasant.  She said that most of the drivers waved at her and she liked waving back.


No comments: